Brendan is a consultant in our Dispute Resolution Team.
Brendan has over 30 years experience in Court litigation and alternative dispute resolution and is a qualified Arbitrator and Mediator. He also teaches arbitration, mediation, advocacy and civil procedure at the University of Waikato Faculty of Law (Te Piringa).
Brendan is very experienced in advising on a range of disputes and will work hard to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients in such circumstances.
Brendan joined the firm in 1984 and was appointed a Partner in 1991. He was a Director of McCaw Lewis Limited from 2011 until 2020, before transitioning to his current role of Consultant.
- Accredited Mediator (Australia)
- Accredited Mediator on the Resolution Institute Panel of Mediators (Acc.M.LEADR)
- Fellow of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute (Mediation) (FAMINZ)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Dispute Resolution) (DipBS)
- Bachelor of Arts (History) (BA)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Member, NZ Law Society (Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch) Standards Committee
- Council member, NZ Law Society (Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch)
- Convenor, NZ Law Society (Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch) Courts, Tribunals and ADR Committee